Thursday, March 09, 2006

Montessori Lessons




I'm fascinated with the Montessori way of learning. One of the concepts it stresses is sequencing. A book I read recently shared an interesting lesson, encouraging us to take pictures of Jason's routines, in order. I'm supposed to print them out, then have him talk about what he's doing, put them in order, paste them in a book, etc. This is as far as I've gotten. We'll get to the next steps soon.

Michael's word count has increased by about two. If you'll remember, his first word was "cheese." He's moved on to "uh oh." These days, everything we do is an "uh oh." And, just yesterday, so clearly, he spits out, "Daa-Dee." Doug is thrilled.

Here's a snippet of conversation with Jason after I picked him up from preschool today.
Me: "How was preschool, Jason? What did you do?"
Jason: "I played with toys, and with Abree."
Me: "Oh?"
Jason: "We didn't kiss!"

It is as if he's a teenager already!

No comments: