Friday, October 06, 2006

No Cars Needed

Jason asked me the other day if we could purchase the Dora Castle for him. Then he told me another boy in his class wanted one. What do you say to that? Doug, fortunately, had no qualms about quashing any sort of "ideas." He told him absolutely no. The boys showed us, though. We went to the play area the other day, where both were intent on playing with a dollhouse. There were bounce houses EVERYWHERE, lots of fun to be had, yet the children spent many, many minutes arranging furniture and putting little people in different rooms.





Then, tonight, our ever observant little man asked me, "Why don't the people in books have any teeth?" Actually, it sounds like "teef" coming from his mouth. And, I looked closer. Sure enough, the book we were reading had characters with no "teef." Once again, I had no answer.

Michael is making up for our lack of answers. He's talking away these days, too bad we can't always understand what he's saying. And everything he says seems to sound like, "daddy." But, I just figured out today he's not trying to say "daddy." He's trying to say "Michael," and "Jason," but for some reason it all sounds like "daddy." In any case, Michael sure loves him, and I suppose he just wants Daddy to know it.


No comments: