Thursday, January 18, 2007

Tumbling Tots

A room full of parents and wiggly kids, and I was the ONLY one with a camera. As you can see, I snapped quite a few pictures of my athletic little ones. Jason just started a two-month set of tumbling classes. He loves it.

He gets to climb to his heart's content. I'm so glad he has this outlet, especially now that it's getting cold, to get all that energy out. Today, he went straight for the climbing wall, which I've never seen him even notice before. He did so well!




He's learning some stunts with the rings. Not bad!!!



He's actually in a class with kids half a year older than he is. The class he was originally scheduled for didn't have enough children enrolled. I have to say, he is holding his own pretty well.



Except in one area. The warm-up. The beginning of each class starts with circle time, and the kids gather to listen to the instructor, who will do some sort of "simon says" routine. Jumping jacks, hopping, wriggling around, stuff like that. Everyone participates, except Jason. Stone-faced and not moving, Jason watches the group. So tonight, I asked him why he doesn't take part in the adrenaline-pumping activity. He told me, "I just don't like the things they ask me to do." I guess you just have to be happy he won't do what he won't do! I would have had pictures of his non-movement, except I was running after Jason's brother!



Michael doesn't believe there is an area he is allowed to be excluded from. All through Jason's class, Michael kept himself in the middle of the action. While his brother may not have moved much in the beginning, Michael did no such thing. The audience of moms and siblings watched Michael go through the entire room, climbing and pointing to "bruh" (brother).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad you had your camera! Looks like such fun

Love - Grandma