Sunday, July 08, 2007

Little Fish

Jason has participated in swimming lessons off and on since before he could walk. And, most of the time, it felt like I spent the lessons at the side of the pool, urging him to get back inside.

This time is different.




Jason and his pal, Bennet, are tearing up the water. Together, they do "bobs." At the request of the teacher, they jump up and down in the water, and intentionally get the tops of their heads wet. And they do it willingly!!!




It's not to say he will be cutting through the water like any sort of Olympian, but, this is certainly a start. He's told me before, "Mommy, I was scared in the water, today, when I had to swim to the teacher, but I did it anyway." I think we're watching the effects of positive peer pressure here. Yippee!!!

No comments: