Thursday, October 18, 2007

Out of the Mouths of Babes

These phrases and in some cases, complex sentences, often come spilling from my children's lips.

"What 'cha doin'?" (Michael)

"I spilled." (Michael)

"If I finish the box of goldfish you give me for my p.m. snack, will you give me Cheetos instead?" (Jason. No, Jason, those Cheetos are for Mommy and Daddy).

"Shut up." (Michael--really. He'll say it in the middle of a quiet church, and in line at the grocery store. He's equal opportunity. Right now, people seem to think it's cute. We think otherwise, but can't help laughing when he does it).

"Thank you, Jason." (Michael)

"You're not welcome." (Jason)

"I can do it." (Michael)

"Watch!!!!" (Michael)

"Look at me, Mommy!" (Michael)

"I did it." (Michael. Usually, it's something like putting paints in the flowerpots, or dumping Cheerios in the toilet).

No comments: