Thursday, October 09, 2008

Diamonds are a girl's best friend

In this case, we're talking about baseball diamonds.

I used to read about those overscheduled kids and couldn't figure out how a parent could let that happen.

I get it now!

T-ball is taking up many nights during the week, and we wouldn't give it up for the world. Well, we couldn't even if we wanted to.



Jason has found his five-year-old passion. He talks constantly about hitting home runs; he is focused on catching pop flies. In this game, you can see the concentration on his face. He hit two doubles during it. While I was snapping this picture, two older boys, like 10 or 11, walked by as Jason was swinging. They stopped to watch and said, "Dang, he hit that far." High praise indeed.



It's too bad that our other boys don't necessarily enjoy their time as much on the ball field.



The baby tolerates it. Barely.

Michael has learned hanging out at the playground is a fine way to pass the time.



And, as I was reading Michael's school schedule, I learned the kids in his class do yoga every day. YOGA for three-year-olds. Sometimes I hear him talking about bear breaths, then I see breathing in through his nose and out through his mouth. I love this school!

Here's to a calm weekend!

No comments: