Friday, March 27, 2009

What a busy week--ok, a busy year! But, all is good and the baby is now 11 months old.
Time does fly.



He is inching along, not crawling, but getting up on all fours as if he were mentally getting ready for the next step. He gets around by pushing himself forward with his hands. Somehow his legs follow. He's getting faster, to my dismay. Already, this one moves more and puts more things in his mouth.

I'm going to have to start making lists of milestones, because, as I realized trying to put together a timeline leading up to Michael's birthday celebration at school, I have written down nothing. And I can't remember a thing.

So--at 11 months old, Joshua is eating just about anything. We have jarred food because it's convenient, and he'll tolerate squished up sweet potatoes and carrots, loves bananas, applesauce, and peaches. But, good luck getting the peas and green beans inside him. He would much rather have the real thing. He enjoys salmon and rice, steak and pasta, pizza and all kinds of bread. We're about to start the switch to whole milk.

This baby does know what he wants. He is highly pleasant; Miss Mary and Miss Anne tell me how much they adore him. But, if you get in between him and his food, he is not happy. He grunts his displeasure.

Doug says we need to start thinking about getting him a haircut.

Look at him. Really?



Jason and Michael, meanwhile, I think, are happy to have each other. They fight constantly, but more often than not, they are playing together and learning from each other.

Jason is playing T-ball once again. He's an Atlanta Brave for this season. He is more than excited, especially since Tommy is also on his team. They are so close I have to ask the coach to separate the two during practice!

And, Michael is about to start soccer. I reminded him of our start time tomorrow, and you know what he said? You can tell where his mind is. "Oh, that's good. That means I can have my own snack."

It is traumatic for Michael during Jason's practices when big brother gets snacks and he doesn't.

No one really takes a nap at our house anymore, with the exception of Baby Joshua. But sometimes, just sometimes, I need to lay down for a few winks. And, the boys, so sweet, will say, "Ok, Mommy, come lie down on my lap."

Of course, then they want to know what they can watch: Star Wars or Super Why?

At that point, it doesn't matter to me!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Great shot!! I love that of them all gathered around the highchair. You have beautiful boys! You 2 make handsome kids!!! hee hee. Miss you all terribly. I'm so proud of Jason for his HOME Run! That's awesome! talk soon!