Monday, August 17, 2009

Summer lovin'

Talk about music appreciation.

The boys think they are some sort of Simon Cowell/Randy Jackson duo. Jason, by the way, I see him taking on the more Cowell-like tone.

During snack time today, the boys were discussing their favorite tunes. Michael mentioned "Flashdance" (all my fault) and "Since You've Been Gone" by Kelly Clarkson (we appreciate it, Kidz Bop). Jason waffles between "Through the Fire and Flames" by DragonForce and "Ruby" by the Kaiser Chiefs. We have Guitar Hero to thank for his varied and decidedly rock 'n roll musical tastes. It's something else to have your six-year-old hum, "Talk Dirty to Me." He insists he doesn't sing it, though.

Michael said to me today, "Mommy, do you know what American Idol is?"

I knew this was going to be a doozy.

"Yes, Michael, I do," I said.

But something in his shoulders, in his big brown eyes, his eyebrows, told me he didn't believe me. Then he backed it up with his voice.

"NO, you don't," he said. "It's a little like Guitar Hero."

We left it at that.



Yup, still waiting for full mobility. But, look, it's our baby, standing on his own power.

Meanwhile, what is it about boys and their clothes?
First, stains.

Where do they come from?
And why don't they want to leave?

Jason actually wasn't a problem. He was a pretty tidy eater.

Michael wasn't bad, either.

This baby is another matter.



Stains as far as the eye can see.
And they don't come out.

One thing that will be moving on out, though, is this child's 70's Peter Brady haircut. I've been waiting so I could get all of them trimmed at the same time. I'd say I've waited long enough.



Cheers!

1 comment:

Grandma said...

Love it - Joshua looks like he's having a serious conversation with Jason!