Thursday, September 17, 2009

Fall sports

I am a proud parent. When you have three great kids, you have to be.

As you know, Jason is a big fan of playing baseball.

After playing several seasons of T-ball, it was time for him to move up.

He's in the big leagues now, playing coach-pitch baseball.

Where does the time go?

He had his first two games this past week.

It is a different ball game, literally. In T-ball, they don't really keep score. Outs really weren't outs. Players got as many swings at the tee as they needed to get that ball into the field.

The easy days of T-ball are now over.

Jason struck out a couple of times in his first game (which I missed. I'll explain below). But he also got some good hits. For example, he got his first RBI while at bat.

On Monday, I got to see him play with my own eyes.
He struck out the first time at bat. I was very nervous.

But then, on his fourth time up, he hit a home run. I was so excited. Mind you, I was trying to keep Baby Joshua from eating dirt, but I was so proud of my biggest boy. It wasn't the prettiest home run. He got back to home plate because the kids in the field kept dropping the ball. BUT, it was a home run, nonetheless, there were two other kids he brought home with him, and I got Jason in the dug out after the big play.

He looks a little stunned, doesn't he?



Meanwhile, Michael is also showing his sporty side.
I missed Jason's first game because I was holding down the fort at Michael's first soccer game.

He was totally into the action. He likes running. He does not like fighting for the ball.



Baby steps.
Until next weekend's games!!!!

No comments: