Thursday, March 11, 2010

Play ball--times two!!!

Baseball season has begun, and we are gearing up for a busy few months.

Last week was the first full week of practice. We spent about 7 hours on the ball field altogether--and at least one practice was canceled for wet weather. Two boys, two practices a week, lots of dirt!



Michael, who has never really shown any interest in t-ball, is now playing t-ball. And I believe he is really enjoying it.

He went right up to the coach on the first day of practice and started firing questions at him, regarding the tee, practice bases and balls being used. It was too funny.

After practice, I told Michael, "You did really great at practice."

Michael replied, pretty smugly I might add, "I know."

I realized during that first practice with Michael that having Jason as a big brother during the session was a good thing. He watched over Joshua, more or less.



Joshua was pretty good while we were outside, but before going out, he was sooo cranky.

During the loud wailing, Jason looked at me and said, rather wistfully, "I wish Joshua had a 'stop crying' button."

Don't we all wish that sometimes!

No comments: