Tuesday, September 21, 2010

End of summer fun

We had a couple of hours to do nothing this past weekend. Just a couple.

So we chose to spend it at the park.

I love this picture.



We are seeing the boys grow and get more mature every single day. They all have very different personalities, though.



Joshua is in the "me do it" phase, which can be charming and infuriating at the same time. Try waiting for a 2-year old to "me do" a sock and a shoe, when the bus for a brother is waiting at the end of the street!!!



The conversations I am having with Jason and Michael are so interesting. We talked about the importance of going to college the other day. They were cool with moving away from home (in the past they had issues with this). But you can tell Jason has birthday on the brain because the only thing he was concerned about was his celebration.

In fact, he asked me if I would come home from college to celebrate my birthday while I was in college. I told him, no. My birthday usually fell in line with exams. He seemed to really have a problem with that. He said, "Well, how will I have my party while I'm at college?"

Priorities. You gotta love them.



It was a working weekend of sorts for me. I was at the Moon Festival again this weekend. This time I took just Michael with me. Jason had his first baseball game.



I was worried he would not enjoy himself. But I didn't need to stress. He was a delight and he seemed to enjoy the dragon dance more than anything else.



He even wanted a souvenir of the afternoon he spent with me. He took home a beautiful red fan, which he keeps in his drawer at home. Ask him about it sometime. He will fill your ear about the sights and sounds of that day.

Hope your weekend was grand!

1 comment:

Grandma said...

Sounds like a busy, happy weekend. Love all the pictures. The boys are growing so quickly!