Monday, March 21, 2011

Happy Birthday, Michael!!!

I can't believe he is now six years old!!!



Michael had a special day today to celebrate his birthday. He is telling me (as I write this) that he ate a breakfast of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. He says it was a good start to the day. Amah and Akong gave him a digital watch and he is thrilled with it. He brought it to school and his teacher, Mrs. Dykes, noticed him smiling every time he looked at it.

I stopped by his kindergarten class today, loaded with sugar to share. While at the grocery store, it seemed like a good idea to bring in juice boxes, cupcakes and lollipops to Michael's classmates. When I got into the classroom, even the children felt like it was a good idea. I'm not sure their parents will think so tonight.



I think it is safe to say Michael enjoyed my visit. He was beaming as he ate his chocolate cupcake with chocolate frosting. I haven't seen as a big smile in a long time.



The day got better for him. He opened some wonderful Beyblade treats from Grandma and Grandpa. Remember that birthday crown from school? He is STILL wearing it.

Happy Birthday, Michael! He may not be a baby anymore, but I always tell him, he will always be MY baby.

1 comment:

Grandpa and Grandma said...

Sounds like a wonderful 6th birthday! We love you Michael.