Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Halloween happenings

Halfway through November, and we're still focused on Halloween. The huge bags of candy in our kitchen are a constant reminder!



I know you have seen this costume before. Jason wore it for two years (by his choice, not mine, I promise!), and I guess Michael had seen it so many times, he thought THAT is what a costume should look like.

If you've ever met Michael, you know it is difficult to get him to change his mind.

As a Green M & M, Michael enjoyed the parade at school this year. Jason was there, too, but I couldn't see him in the crowd to snap a picture.

We had a great time trick or treating with friends, T.A. and Emily, and ALL of our children. Boy, we were a big group.



Last year, I remember we walked alongside the excited kids as they went from house to house. This year, I'm just thankful we brought some extra adults. Our kids, much older, and much faster, far outran us. There was no stopping the kids and their candy.



Jason dressed up as Anakin Skywalker. The kid has never seen the Star Wars movies, and it has been years since I saw the last one. His friends at school have seen snippets of the films and apparently talk about it all the time. That's why Jason wanted to play a role in this saga.

But, of course, he had questions. Questions to things I just don't really have the answer to. Like: "Mommy, when Darth Vader takes off his mask, does he look like Anakin Skywalker?"

"Umm, yes, Jason, just older."

"But, why?" he asks.

"Well, he's been through a lot."

"So Mommy, why does Anakin turn into Darth Vader? and DOES HE DIE after he takes off the mask? And why does he die?"

I know there are easy answers to these questions, but I do not know them. And I realize that when I make up an answer, he always seems to know, shooting back more questions in return.



Thank goodness for the child who doesn't talk yet.
My little pumpkin had a good time trick or treating as well. He just doesn't get to enjoy the treats.

1 comment:

workout mommy said...

you cracked me up with "he's been through a lot!"

their questions are never ending, aren't they?

your little pumpkins are so cute!