Monday, November 10, 2008

Strike a pose

I've taken a few yoga classes in my life, like maybe two.
Michael has taken many, many more.
I learned while speaking with his teacher, Miss Dawn, yesterday, that yoga keeps the children centered to start the day. Every day. Maybe I need to learn some poses to bring him back to center at home.

This is a new position Michael just learned. I can't remember the name of it.



Jason and I call this our favorite. Warrior.



And, of course, downward dog.



The funniest part is Michael will strike a pose and move from one to another seamlessly. It cracks us up, which is probably not the desired reaction.

One little person who is not laughing is our baby. He's seriously concentrating on those milestones. Drooling plenty since he's teething. Here you see him sitting up. We put him there, but he is holding up his parts all by himself. He just had his six-month-old checkup. Baby Joshua weighs 15 pounds and has grown to 27 inches.



The two boys are back in the pool. We've started swimming lessons at another Y near us, and the kids are so far having a great time. Michael has turned into such a nurturing little soul. In my recent conference with Michael's teacher, I learned that he continues to be a constructive force in the classroom. The other day, Michael told both Doug and Jason, "I know you can do it, I know you can." I think they were playing a video game or something.



Meanwhile, Jason is just fighting off the girls.
A 4-year-old in his class apparently wants to marry him, and told him she wanted to have a baby.

He said, "I need to decide more before I marry her."
As for the baby comment, he said, "But I don't want to do that yet."

Let's keep it that way, at least for a couple of years.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that I may try yoga for myself,thanks for the idea Michael. :)