Thursday, July 08, 2010

Silly Bandz on sale

With three growing boys, you can imagine there's quite a bit happening at our house these days. I'm hoping I don't wait too long to put the stories in black and white. I know I'll forget.

Where do I start? Oh yeah. Silly Bandz. Have you heard of them? They are the brilliant invention of some now-rich adults who have somehow brainwashed kids into thinking wearing colored rubber bands in the shape of animals, instruments or phrases are the "in" thing. Adults are starting to wear them, though, which we think means they will soon be uncool. In the meantime, they are a big deal at our house.

Silly Bandz have certainly invaded. Even Joshua is interested in collecting and wearing these specially-shaped rubber bands. They sell for about $5 for a pack of 24. I tell you this on background.

Our crew has decided to step into the world of entrepreneurship and sell them. I applaud them. For the price of $50 (!), a special scented Silly Band in the shape of a rabbit could be yours. It smells like vanilla, by the way, not what you would imagine a rabbit would smell like.



Here they are working on the posters which will highlight their Silly Bandz on sale for the day.

Jason and Michael are a little (okay, a lot) darker than they were in the beginning of the summer. YMCA summer camp has been good to us and the boys have spent every weekday afternoon in the pool. They just got haircuts (1 1/2 hours at the barber shop, by the way) and it has GOT to be a more pleasant experience in the hot summer sun.

Michael, at the age of 5, is, I believe, officially out of the terrible 2's. We thought it would never happen!

He now continues to amaze us with his insights.

Today, I messed up their names. Called him Joshua or Jason, I don't even know which.

He replied, "It's okay, Mommy, because when you become a mommy, you forget names."



Do not let this charming grin fool you.

Michael may be out of the terrible 2's. Joshua, I believe, has entered them. Early. Earlier than the other two, at least. Everyone within a 1/2 block radius heard us as we made out way into the dry cleaner's today.

30 minutes and 15 'nilla wafers later, he was fine.

At least I'm not so worried about his verbal skills, though. Today, he told me, as he was pointing to a cereal he wanted to have for a snack, "That cereal." I hesitated, since it was FRUIT LOOPS! He repeated, loudly, "THAT CEREAL." "MOMMY. MOMMY. MOMMY. THAT CEREAL!!!!" WAAAAH!!!!

Can you tell we'll be working to deal with a sweet tooth on our #3? To think, we thought he would never speak.

No comments: