Friday, July 30, 2010

Travel buddies

We have been in the car quite a bit this summer. For some reason, the kids don't want to chat, they don't want to read, they only want to play the Nintendo DS when they are back there in the minivan. So, to change the routine a bit, I've introduced them to their travel buddies.

I really don't know if this will work.



I interviewed a teacher the other day who had some great ideas to get kids thinking without realizing they are doing it.

We took pictures of the boys and their travel buddies. Michael has Cowee, Joshua has his blankie and for Jason, we picked up Tim the Penguin.



We taped these pictures to the cover of a composition book.



Wha-la! Now we have a travel journal.



Jason and Michael have completed page one. They were excited to draw pictures of their travel buddies. Tomorrow, they'll have to actually write words in them! I wonder how long it will take before they ask me if they can play their video games?

I'll let you know how it goes!

Happy Friday, everyone!!!

1 comment:

Grandma said...

A great idea - hope it helps to pass the time on long car rides.