Friday, December 02, 2016

We're back!

I had forgotten the joy I received in sharing the kids' moments.

Over the Thanksgiving holiday 2016, I happened to think about this blog. I went online to see if it was still there. And, thank goodness! It's still standing.

I went back in time.

Funny stories, pictures from homes, vacations and visits past, incredible memories.

From the last time I posted, in 2013, to today, late 2016, much has changed. The boys are bigger (much bigger), they have more to say, and they are simply brimming with personality. I tried to get them to read about their young lives. They were not interested. But us adults? Laughing until we were crying at some of the things these children said and did. A lot has happened in the last three years, since I last posted. So I will attempt to catch you up. In 2012, this was our trio. Kids, right?

 

Today, they are boys, and for one of them at least, a young man.

 

Joshua will always be our baby, and he knows it.

We all call him Baby. For a little while, we made a concerted effort to stop calling him, "Baby," and it felt really weird. So we all call him, "Baby," now.

Even Michael.

I was looking at Joshua the other day - his long legs, messed-up hair (you know, sticking up in the back no matter what I do) and ready smile - and I thought, "He no longer looks like a baby. He is a boy."

But then, I said, "Baby, it's time to wash up and get to bed."

And he said, "Ok."

1 comment:

Grandma & Grandpa said...

Thank you for bringing this back!!
Grandma & Grandpa