Wednesday, August 23, 2006

First Day of School




I've had a lot to share, but the blog has been down for some reason. So, excuse the tardy entry. Jason started his first day at a new Montessori school on Monday, and is loving it! You could chalk it up to maturity, maybe he's getting more used to the whole drop off/pick up thing. But, he walked into the classroom bright and early Monday morning, and he didn't look back. If he had, he would have seen all the mothers standing there crying, including me. Good thing I had to be in at work early.

Doug has picked up a smiling Jason every day since. And, his teachers are already marveling at his love of puzzles.

And, Michael's verbal skills may be doing just fine. I have been telling Michael how much I love him, oh, I don't know, 20 times a day since the day he was born. I firmly believe he returned the love the other day. It sounded like this: "ah wwu yiu." Close enough for me. In this picture, he's blowing all of you kisses.



Michael is shaking off a few bruises, too. He took a tumble at the playground the other day, while I was at work. But, Doug and I laughed at a conversation Jason had with his little brother after the fall. Doug was trying to comfort the crying baby, brushing off wood chips from his bruised face, that kind of thing. He told Jason that he used to fall as a baby, trying to develop that whole empathy thing. And, it must have worked! Jason turned to Michael and said, "It's OK, Baby Michael. Don't cry. I used to fall when I was baby, but I didn't cry. It's ok." I'm just happy the bruises have healed.

1 comment:

me said...

omigosh...your baby is going to school??!!!!
I have mommy-empathy tears for you just thinking about it!

They are both so cute!! :)