Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Always a surprise

We all know that kids say the funniest things.

Just yesterday I asked the boys about their future plans. In the past, we've said things like, "You want to be a doctor, don't you?" And they'd say yes.

But this time, I just posed the open-ended question, "Boys, what do you want to be when you grow up?"

Silence.

Uh oh. Does that mean we've failed already????

I asked Jason, "Do you want to be a TV reporter?
He said immediately. "OH NO!!!"

The passionate response surprised us a bit. I pressed on.

"Well, what do you want to be then?"

Jason shot back, "A car mechanic."

He just helped Doug change the oil in the car over the weekend. Talk about an influence.

Michael, not to be outdone, piped up, "I want to make coffee."

Coffee?

Doug and I don't even drink coffee. I believe all those times helping Grandma and Grandpa brew a cup of joe really had an impact.

We went to the library today to find books on our children's new interests. And, you know, they just don't have books for kids on how to make coffee. We had to settle on a book on how to make cookies. Yum.

Please, wish our little barista and our automotive technician the best of luck.

In the meantime, say hello to our Little Man.



He's just chilling out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grandma says she'll take a tall half-caff with room for cream!