Thursday, September 04, 2008

Busy week

Have I said that before?

Yes, and I'm sure it will get busier. I am looking at my calendar, realizing that most of what's on there is stuff for the kids--chauffering them to this activity or that. And, Jason's only 5!

School started this week, so that added to the excitement. The boys have settled in well, mainly because they are with the same teachers. They are having a blast at school.

We were afraid it wouldn't be a good start, though, because the night before the first day back, Jason got stung by a yellowjacket, or a "yellowjack" as he likes to call it. He doesn't cry in pain that often, but this time, he did. Poor little guy, it must have hurt.

What was so funny is what he said to Michael during his ordeal. A couple of weeks ago, poor Michael was rummaging in our pantry and knocked over a LARGE can of baked beans onto his toe. Blood gushed out, he was crying hysterically, you get the picture. He was eventually fine and he has a crazy looking nail to show for it.

The incident must have had an impact on Jason, because even in his pain, he said to Michael, "Michael, don't go outside. I don't want you to get bit by a yellowjack. It will hurt more than a can of baked beans." Somewhere in there was a message of love.

Baby Joshua, meanwhile, also had big changes this week. He started his new stay with Ms. Anne. She is wonderful, and he seems to have really taken to her. She says he is a "delight," and I think she means it. He chats with her in that way he has. And then he smiles all crinkly. It's a marvelous sight. Ms. Anne's mother-in-law believes Baby Joshua will be a tall boy. We'll have to see.



I realized yesterday that I have no pictures of the baby and me together. So, I had to enlist the help of the only "photographer" I had with me yesterday afternoon. Jason.



Hey--at least we were in the picture.



Thank goodness it is finally Friday. Hope you and yours have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I LOVE your pictures. you all look wonderful. Wish we were closer to set up play dates. They'd all have so much fun. I'd love to have a "Joshua" conversation that you speak of! Good to hear they're all doing well. Miss u