Saturday, September 13, 2008

A day at the ball field

You may be happy to know the whole t-ball pants issue has been resolved. I thought the gray shorts he wore previously added a little bit of character to his outfit. However, it was unacceptable.



At Jason's game this morning, wearing the uniform white pants, he looked like everyone else. And, we're proud to say he knocked that ball pretty far.



It was this week as I watched all the other t-ball/baseball moms at the ball park that I realized I will one day be juggling THREE ball schedules. There are plenty of moms in the league with three, four, even five children, and I am furiously taking notes from their experiences.

I will be spending plenty of time at the ball field.
And so will Michael, although likely in the spring, he'll be able to sport a pair of t-ball pants of his own.
Until then, he waits. With me.



And so does Baby Joshua. He has a few years to go. While at the ball field, I usually carry the baby in my BabyHawk (a baby carrier) and hold onto Michael and a bag of snacks with my free hands. Jason is shuffling next to us. I am a sight, let me tell you. And people always come up to me and say, "Are ALL of these YOUR kids?" They always look very surprised, I'm really not sure why.

No comments: