Friday, July 31, 2009

Baby talk

Not!

We've been busted.

It seems that our relationship with #3 is enabling him a bit.



He really doesn't seem to mind, does he?

Why would he? We pick him up--a LOT! When he screams, we give him what he wants, automatically! because he is soooo loud. He enjoys liberties that his brothers never enjoyed. He eats candy, peanuts, ice cream. He roams the home, climbs the stairs, and plays with toys parked in every room. And, he doesn't have to say a word to get anything. We talk to him (I think), but usually it is to tell him how great he is.

And, now he is paying the price.
Again, though, I don't think he minds that much.



I took Baby Joshua to the doctor today for his 15-month checkup.
He's slow on the mobility front, no surprise there. The other two were very delayed walkers as well.

But, the language skills concerned the doctor a bit. I'll admit, I hadn't even noticed.

I did a double take when she came face to face with the baby and she took away a cup of Cheerios clutched in his fist. He screamed, as we knew he would. But instead of giving it right back, which I would have done, she said, "All right, Joshua, you have to ask for the Cheerios."

Umm, we haven't asked him to do anything in the last 15 months. Oops. And he actually started to babble and hold out his hands for the cherished food. Double oops. He's been craving this!

Of course, the bright spot is that he seems to be a well-fed and a cheerful child. He measures 31 inches long and weighs 21 pounds and 2 ounces.

She might have been trying to appease me, but the doctor did say he was exceedingly pleasant for a toddler. Friendly, even. That, I already knew.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Cheryl, I'm right there with you on GIVING in to the younger one. Its just "easier". there are no excuses around it or about it. No worries on Joshua talking. Pretty soon you'll be telling him to quiet down!!